Indian Army is based on the physical fitness. A person who is in Army needs to physically active so as to work in the Indian Armed Forces.
The candidates need to keep their physique in the best way in the various routine
- Running : 2 to 4 Km. in 15 minutes
- Pushups & Sit-ups : Minimum 20 each
- Chin ups : Minimum 08
- Rope Climbing : 3 to 4 meters
Also Check : Indian Army Vacancy 10th pass
Conditions of Physical Fitness in Indian Army
- A candidate must be good in Physical and Mental health i.e. free from any disease or disability proportionate to the studies.
- The weight of candidate must be proportionate to the height of candidate.
- The minimum height of candidate is given as 157.5 cms. For women it is 152 cms. For hilly areas, the minimum height relaxation is given by 2 cms for male & female.
- Male candidate should have healthy chest with minimum 5 cms of expansion. X-ray f chest will be taken to detect for any disease.
- There should be no disease in the bones and joints of your body.
- The eye sight of the candidate must be 6/6 in the distant vision chart with or without glasses.
- Myopia shouldn’t more than 3.5D and hypermetropia limit is of 3.5D including Astigmatism. For women candidates the minimum acceptable visual acuity.
- The candidates who have gone through the LASER surgery of refractive error is considered for the commission in the Army.
- Candidate who haven’t operated the hernia is not eligible for the Indian Navy. The operation must be one year before exactly for the examination. That means healing must be completed.
- No detection of hydrocele, varicocele or piles.
- Urine examination is also done to detect any abnormality , it can be a reason for the rejection.
- The skin disease which is likely to be caused by any disability or disfigurement can be a reason of rejection.
Source : Defence Jobs 2019